Gear up for the festive dazzle because glam guru Namrata Soni has spilled her secret to achieving the ultimate smokey eye magic in record time. Imagine having the same makeup finesse as the artist who dolled up Athiya Shetty on her wedding day and worked her magic on Bollywood A-listers like Sonam Kapoor, Diana Penty and Rani Mukerji. In a recent Instagram reel, Namrata Soni unveils a simple yet super effective way to rock those head-turning smokey eyes. First things first, grab any black creamy eyeshadow. Now, pull those eyelids and use a blending brush to lay down the black magic on your eyelids. A pro tip: Give your brows a slight lift for easier access. Hold on, we are not done yet. To add a touch of soft glimmer to your smokey masterpiece, layer on some black shimmery powder eyeshadow. For that final stroke of genius, take a dark black kajal pencil and work that magic underneath your bottom waterline and along your eyelid as a liner. Smudge it like you mean it, and voila – your perfect smokey eyes are ready to steal the spotlight.
Loved this smokey eye tutorial? Now, check out some tips to take your festive glam to the next level:
1. C.T.S.M. routine twice a day: Kick off your glam game with the C.T.S.M. routine morning and night. It's the secret to a flawless canvas, ensuring your makeup sits pretty all day.
2. De-puff under eyes with cream that has this ingredient: Say goodbye to tired eyes. Treat yourself to a cream infused with this ingredient to de-puff those under eyes, making it look like you've had eight hours of beauty sleep, even if you haven't.
3. Primers are a must: Don't skip the primer – it's the unsung hero of the beauty world. Smooth it on for a flawless base, making sure your makeup stays put, no matter how long the festivities last.
4. Use this oil for natural sheen: Want that natural glow? Dab a bit of this oil on your high points for a radiant sheen that will have you looking like you just stepped out of a beauty commercial.
5. Concealers and foundation should be the right hue: Your makeup should match, not mismatch. Follow this guideline when using foundation and concealers. Yes, that's right, concealers as in plural. Great for a smooth finishing touch and for that Instagram-worthy under-eye brightness.
6. Use this basic product to set under-eye concealer: Lock in the magic! Set your under-eye concealer with this simple product that you surely have in your makeup kit for a crease-free finish that lasts from the first Diwali dance to the final festive farewell.
7. Avoid blotchy lower eyelashes: After glamming up those upper lashes, resist the urge to dip the brush again. Instead, use the leftovers for a subtle, non-blotchy sweep on your lower lashes.
For more on all of these beauty tips, check out the video below:
So with your skincare routine, makeup tips and smokey eyes routine in place, here are some variations on eyes and glam lips that you could use to finish off your festive look. We know you're eager to shine as brightly as your favourite Bollywood beauties so we've shown you how they do it, below:
Channel your inner Sara Ali Khan with the classic combo: kohl-rimmed eyes, a touch of shimmery eyeshadow, and lips that pop in pink. Trust us, this glam is the perfect companion to elevate your gorgeous lehenga look to celestial heights.
If you're a newlywed like Parineeti Chopra, opt for the minimal magic. Fluttery lashes, soft pink lips, and just a hint of blush – let your heavy-duty outfit, chooda, and sindoor steal the fashion spotlight. It's the art of looking effortlessly chic while letting your bridal aura take centre stage.
Follow all these tips and we guarantee you will be the showstopper at any festive gathering. Happy Diwali!