Are you unhappy with the result of chemically-based hair dye? Are you stuck with it for months together? Now you don't have to turn to a box of chemicals to temporarily get the style you want; you need to simply nab the coffee sitting on your kitchen shelves to top up your colour or give your hair an extra boost. This stress-free approach to the hair colouring experience is your safest bet to avoid the conventional dyes that can do your hair more damage than good. There isn't really a downside to naturally dying your hair with coffee! Coffee can help temporarily cover grey hair, all without the use of harsh store-bought chemicals. So, let's take a look at how coffee can help darken your hair while leaving your hair looking shiny and polished.
Coffee Hair Dye: Quick Facts
Coffee is a super versatile and incredibly effective all-natural beauty ingredient. Dying your hair with coffee is a great way to achieve that classic dark shade of brown. It is a natural, safer, and cheaper alternative for hair colouring that only requires one ingredient: coffee! And voila, you're done.
The key to making coffee hair dye is to use really strongly brewed coffee. A higher saturation of coffee makes for a darker and more effective hair dye. Your proportion should ideally be two cups of water for every cup of coffee grounds. Generally, the amount of coffee you brew will depend on how much hair you have. So, make enough to soak all of your hair from root to tip.
Further, coffee hair dye doesn't make your hair dry out compared to commonly available dyes in the market, and it stimulates hair growth by boosting the structure of the hair roots and making the mane much healthier.
How To Dye Your Hair With Coffee
Here's your step-by-step to dyeing your hair naturally using coffee.
1. Brew some organic coffee, and allow it to cool until it's no longer hot to the touch. It's desirable to mix half of the coffee with 2-3 tablespoons of coffee grounds (to thicken and darken the mixture).
2. After making your dark coffee paste, dump it into a large bowl and soak your hair in it for a few minutes. Make sure you coat your hair completely in the coffee hair dye. This will help you avoid any uncolored spots left at the end.
3. Put on a shower cap and drape a large towel on your shoulders to avoid staining your skin and let your coffee-soaked hair sit for an hour or two.
4. Apply the mixture to clean, damp hair, starting with the area just above the scalp.
5. Let it sit for an hour or two. Later, rinse your hair with cold water and finish with a quick blow-dry.
If you want the coffee colour to stay intact for longer, make sure to wash your hair as little as possible. And when you do wash your hair, remember to wash it with cold water only. Enjoy your new summer look!