Which girl doesn't love mehndi? On every shaadi, we see girls hustling to pick and choose a mehndi design they love. It's because of them, that the mehndi functions are super fun and vibrant.
Whether it's you, your mom, your aunt or even your cousin, everyone has a different choice. However, it's not just about the design, is it? It's more about the colour. You need your mehndi to stand the test of time and become dark as the day progresses. And we bet, with these tricks, you will wake up with the mehndi you desired.
1. Make sure your hands are totally clean and dry before you start applying your mehendi.
2. So what if there is a celebration going on all around you? Sit in a quiet and relaxed corner while getting your mehendi applied. This will make sure that the one putting your mehndi does his job without getting distracted.
3. Our moms are the best when it comes to age old remedies. One such is applying lemon and sugar once your mehndi is dry. It will help in getting a darker mehndi colour.
4. Keep your hands close to an iron pan with cloves on it. You have to be careful but the clove fumes can darken the mehndi shade. Another trick from every nani's kitchen, we bet.
5. The best trick (and the easiest) to getting a darker mehndi is to keep your hands warm once the mehndi has peeled off. For this, you could try rubbing Vicks all over your palms before bed. Sleep this way for a darker mehndi when you wake up!