Haircare woes can be a huge menace and at some point of time, we all have faced certain hair problems. Be it hair fall or damaged hair, we have been trying to deal with one or the other issue. Massaging your hair and scalp with beneficial oils is an age-old secret known by Indian women for healthy lustrous hair. A hot oil massage is not only relaxing but also promotes your hair health. Everyone can benefit from applying hot oil to their hair, no matter their hair type. Incorporating hot oil massages into your regular hair care routine can benefit your hair in many ways. There are various reasons this treatment has stood the test of time.
Amazing Benefits Of Hot Oil Hair Massage
1. Boosts Hair Growth
Massaging your scalp with hot oil stimulates blood circulation in that area, leading to a better distribution of nutrients to your hair follicles. This nourishment and strengthening of hair follicles can lead to faster hair growth.
2. Prevents Dandruff
Dandruff occurs in people who have dry skin on their scalp. Regular oil massage can not only keep the scalp nourished, but also help oil glands produce sufficient natural oil.
3. Reduces Damage
The hot oil intensely repairs your cuticles to combat damage, preventing breakage and split ends. It profoundly conditions your tresses and brings out a lustrous texture and shine to your mane.
4. Reduces Frizz
Applying hot oil to your hair forms a protective sheath over it that prevents the harmful UV rays from damaging your hair. It moisturizes your hair from within, which helps reduce flyaways and frizz.
5. Prevents Premature Greying
The application of oil provides adequate nourishment and blood flow to the hair follicles that helps retain the colour of your hair. Since oil also forms a protective sheath around hair strands, they are protected from pollution and UV rays which can otherwise contribute to hair lightening.
Swirlster Selects Hair Oils For You
This Is How You Can Prepare A Hot Oil Massage
1. Pour a few tablespoons of the hair oil of your choice into the glass bowl, depending on the length and thickness of your hair.
2. Fill the saucepan halfway up with water and place it on the stove. Place the glass bowl inside the saucepan and let the heat from the boiling water warm up the oil.
3. Dip your finger into the oil to check if it has heated up to your desired temperature before removing it from the stove.
Nourish Your Hair With Hot Oil Massage
1. Use a hairbrush or a wide-toothed comb to remove all the knots and tangles from your hair
2. Dip your fingers into the hot oil and rub them together to spread the oil evenly.
3. Start massaging your scalp with your fingers in a gentle circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
4. Once you have applied oil all over your scalp, you can apply the remaining bit to your hair.
5. Let the oil sit in your hair for an hour. You can also leave it overnight.
6. Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and condition your hair.
To shop beauty on Amazon, click here.
Disclaimer: The Swirlster Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Swirlster has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.