As Diwali draws closer, we are all sorted to get the festive fervour rolling! Whether you are planning a grand celebration or an intimate gathering, no party is complete without a good set of cocktails! It is about time you plan a smashing night with your loved ones. It is time to bring your DIY skills to use with some shaking and stirring as you serve these amazing and innovative cocktails with a portion of love this Diwali 2022. From amazing whisky-based cocktails to delectable gin-based ones, we have curated a list of some lip-smacking cocktail recipes that are perfect for your Diwali bash.
Stir Up These 6 Innovative Cocktails This Diwali
1. Glenmorangie X Blackcurrant
50ml (2oz) X by Glenmorangie
25ml (1oz) Lemon Juice12.5ml (1/2oz) Blackcurrant Cordial
10ml (1/3oz) Agave Syrup
1. Fill highball glass with crushed ice.
2. Add X by Glenmorangie, lemon juice and agave syrup.
3. Stir, then top with blackcurrant cordial.
4. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a blackberry.
2. Chat Phat Margarita
(By Mr. Yangdup Lama, Mixologist and Head of Product, Jimmy's Cocktails)
The festive season calls for some innovative yet easy hassle-free cocktails. Chat Phat Margarita is a quick and easy recipe with a nice combination of spice and citrus flavours.
90ml Jimmy's Margarita Mix
60ml Tequila or Rum
1 Fresh Green Chili
1 pinch Rock Salt
1 Orange Wedge
1. In a shaker glass with ice, pour the above ingredients and shake well.
2. Strain into a stem glass filled with ice.
3. Garnish with an orange slice and serve.
3. Grant's Rose A Toast
60 ml Grant's Distinction
20 ml Simple syrup
5-6 pink peppercorns
Sepoy pink rose lemonade
Edible flowers to garnish
1.Pour in a goblet and stir.
2. Top up garnish with edible flowers.
4. The Hennessy Ginger Cocktail
Hennessy and Ginger are the right drink for any time of the day or evening. The spice of the ginger ale brings out the natural spice of Hennessy V.S.
40 ml Hennessy
100 ml Very special
1.Pour the Hennessy cognac into a highball glass. Add ice cubes to fill the glass.
2. Top with ginger ale and then garnish with a lime wedge or slices of fresh ginger.
5. Absolut Cosmopolitan
40 ml Absolut Citron
20 ml Triple Sec
20 ml Lime Juice
20 ml Cranberry Juice
1 Twist Orange Zest
1. Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients.
2. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with an orange zest twist.
6. Jameson, Ginger and Lime
50 ml Jameson Irish Whiskey
Large wedge of lime
1. Fill a highball glass with ice and pour in a shot of Jameson.
2. Top up the glass with a good quality bottled ginger ale. Stir to briefly mix. Take a large wedge of lime, give it a squeeze, and drop it into the glass, roughly 1 part Jameson to 3 parts.
7.GreyGoose Martini Cocktail
50 ml of GreyGoose
10 ml of dry vermouth
A dash of orange bitters
1. Stir it, strain it and garnish it with a lemon twist.