Poker night, a lavish bash and an ultimate fiesta; that's a Diwali vibe check done right. Great food with fun drinks is the best party code ever and with intimate and cosy gatherings this year, it is time to bring your DIY skills to use. A night at this time might be the best way to make this festive season a memorable one. What is even a Diwali party without a fun cocktail? It is time to bring the bar home and put your stirring skills to use. Let the festive flavour kick in as you gorge on these scrumptious cocktails at home. Cocktails are the best conversation starters and this Diwali, be the best host as you serve up these unique yet easy-to-make cocktails at home. From whisky to vodka and more, whatever your jam is, we have got you covered.
Give A Luxe Twist To Your Diwali Evenings With These Delectable Cocktails
Scotch-Whisky Cocktails To Get The Party Started
Diwali cards party is incomplete until we have a whisky cocktail on the round table and a balance of sweet and robust makes it perfect to serve.
1. G&G (Grant's & Ginger)
A robust aroma topped with the freshness of ginger
1. Grant's Distinction: 50ml
2. Ginger Ale: 150ml
3. 1/2 lime
1. Add Grant's Distinction into an ice filled glass
2. Top with Ginger Ale and squeeze half a lime
3. Garnish with lime wedge
2. Singleton Brew
Are you someone who loves trying new and fun drinks? This fun-loving drink will jazz up your festive mood.
1. Singleton of Glendullan: 60 ml
2. Espresso shot: 10 ml
3. Chilled tonic
4. Orange slice: for garnish
1. Take a rock glass filled with cube ice
2. Add Singleton and Espresso shot
3. Top with chilled tonic and stir gently
4. Garnish with orange slice
3. Smoked Rob Roy
Smoky aroma with the freshness of delicate fruity flavour is what this cocktail is all about and we just cannot wait to already put our skills to use.
1. Glenfiddich 15-Year-Old: 60 ml
2. Spiced sweet vermouth infused with tea: 30 ml
3. 2 - 3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
4. Maraschino cherries
1. Add whisky, Vermouth and bitters over ice in a mixing jar and Stir for 15-20 seconds
2. Add smoke to the mixing jar.
3. Fine strain into a Nico nara glass.
4. Garnish with Maraschino cherries
Vodka Cocktails For A Jazz
Soak in festive fervour with these perfect vodka cocktails to keep the Diwali evening alive.
4. Absolut Swedish Paloma
A fresh fruity flavour is what we all need to keep going and this cocktail will serve this purpose.
1. Absolut Grapefruit: 45 ml
2. Grapefruit juice: 45 ml
3. Lime juice: 10 ml
4. Soda water
5. Grapefruit wedge for garnish
1. Pour all ingredients except the soda into a shaker.
2. Add ice cubes. Shake and pour into a highball (salted rim optional).
3. Top up with Soda.
4. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
5. Smirnoff Citrus Tonic
Kick off your festive evenings with a quirky drink.
1. Smirnoff: 45 ml
2. Lime juice: 15 ml
3. Tonic Water: 120 ml
4. Citrus wheel: For garnish
1. Fill up a tall glass with ice
2. Add all ingredients and stir gently
3. Garnish with citrus fruit wheels
6. Kappi Martini
If you are too much of a coffee lover, we are sure, you would love this cocktail too.
1. Ketel One Vodka: 60 ml
2. Homemade Spent Coffee Grounds Syrup: 60 ml
1. Shake all the ingredients and fine strain into a glass bottle
2. Chill and serve over ice or neat
Homemade spent coffee grounds Syrup:
1. Spent Coffee Ground: 500 Gms
2. Water: 500 ml
3. Jaggery/Brown Sugar (2:1 Ratio or as one prefers)
Gin Cocktails To The Go
For all the classic lovers, Gin cocktails are here to get you in the right mood to jazz up the Diwali night.
Floral freshness is what you will feel after jamming up on this cocktail.
1. Gordons 60 ml
2. Rose Syrup/Rooh Afza: 20 ml
3. Lime Juice: 20 ml
4. Edible flower/Fresh Rose Petals: For garnish
1. Fill the shaker with ice cubes
2. Add all ingredients and shake well
3.Strain in an old fashion glass and garnish with flower
8. Botanical Garden
Get going with this drink of the evening on your Diwali party.
1. Tanqueray London Dry gin: 50 ml
2. Honey: 20 ml
3. Fresh Mint leaves: 5 no
4.Fresh Ginger juice: 10 ml
5. Fresh cucumber slice: 3 no
6. Tonic Water: 150 ml
7. Cucumber Strips: for Garnish
1. Muddle cucumber slice in a shaker and then add other ingredients
2. Shake with ice and double Strain in a wine glass
3. Fill the glass with cubed ice & top with tonic water
4. Gently stir to mix.
A good ol' classic to jam to this Diwali
1. Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Dry Gin: 30ml
2. Italian Bitter: 30ml
3. Sweet Vermouth: 30ml
1. Stir all ingredients over ice, strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
2. Garnish with orange slice