There's nothing that a plate of pretty and plump muffins can't fix. Be it to beat the blues, enjoy a tea session with friends or just indulge in a sweet treat when the cravings kick in, muffins are an all-time favourite and for good reasons. If you love baking then you will know how incredibly easy and hassle free it is to make a batch of fresh muffins at home. Even if you call yourself an amateur baker, you can whip up delicious muffins at home with a little guidance.
What makes baking fun is that it gives you endless options to play around with ingredients and flavours to suit your mood. From chocolate to berries, lemon to mango, caramel to butterscotch - there are so many delicious ways you can create baked treats at home.
How To Bake Blueberry Muffins
When it comes to muffins, a popular flavour pick is blueberries. These berries are not only a powerhouse of nutrients, but also impart a delicious tartness to the muffins that make it absolutely devouring. So, how to bake blueberry muffins at home? Chef Shreya Monga from Academy of Pastry Arts Gurgaon shares the following tips to keep in mind:
1. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Do not over mix the muffin mix. Only mix until combined, otherwise your muffins will become hard.
3. If using fresh blueberries, mix them with a tbsp of flour so they don't sink at the bottom of the muffin mould.
4. Bake only till a skewer comes out clean. Over baking muffins will become hard.
A Simple Blueberry Muffin Recipe To Try At Home
Chef Shreya Monga shares a simple recipe to make delicious blueberry crumble muffins at home.
Blueberry Crumble Muffins
1. Mix sugar and egg in a bowl.
2. Add oil and mix.
3. Add milk to the mixture and mix.
4. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt into it and gently fold.
5. Fold in the blueberries and fill the muffin moulds 3/4th of the way.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 165 degree C for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.Comments