We know that you have a lot of tough choices to make ahead of Father's Day. The annual brainstorming doesn't become easier when it comes to making your dad's day special when at home either. Celebratory drinks with dad are a must on Father's Day but why not give it a special touch this time around? You might not be a person with pro culinary skills but trust us, all you need are amateur expertise to shake up these delectable cocktails at home. Whether you are planning a musical evening or a chill family boozy brunch, these cocktails are a perfect fit for all. Set the mood right this Father's Day with these chef-approved cocktails to make the day even more special.
Father's Day 2021: Pamper Your Father This Time At Home With These Lip-Smacking Cocktail Recipes
1. Lychee Cocktail
(Recipe by Chef Suvir Saran)
"I have a special memory with Lychees from my childhood. As kids, we would return home from school and during this season, especially our dad used to keep a big bowl full of lychees and oranges peeled and ready for us to eat. It used to be refreshing to have those fresh fruits and this will be the perfect cocktail as it is so rejuvenating for a sunny afternoon," says chef Suvir Saran.
Pinch of rosemary sprigs
15 ml grapefruit juice
30 ml lemon juice
30 ml simple syrup
50 ml gin/vodka
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lychee with rosemary and add in the rest of the ingredients.
2. Fill with lots of ice and give it a nice shake.
3. Strain the cocktail in the glass of your choice.
2. Mamie Taylor Cocktail
(Recipe by Akhilesh Sheoran, Bar Manager, SAGA, Gurgaon)
Cocktails are a delight and what better way to make Father's Day special than a quick cocktail at home? If you don't know how to go about your culinary skills at home, this cocktail is what you need to try to play safe.
60 ml whisky-
2 nos lime wedge
Ginger beer, to top up
1. Mix all the ingredients and stir it for 30 seconds with lots of ice.
2. Pour it in a glass of your choice, garnish (optional) and it is ready to serve.
Make your dad this simple and easy spirit forward whiskey cocktail.
3. Guava Ginger Marry
(Recipe by Mukesh Gola, senior mixologist at Brewhouse, Radisson Gurugram)
60 ml gin
Rock salt to rim
1 tbsp ginger julienne
5 ml lime juice
120 ml guava juice
1.Rim an old-fashioned glass with rock salt.
2. Then add 5-6 ice cubes along with ginger juliennes and fresh lime juice
3. Afterwards, muddle it together, pour guava juice and add gin.
4. Lastly, garnish it with guava wedge.
4. Bourbon Mango Basil
(Recipe by Manu Mahalwar, home chef and food influencer)
Mango is our personal favourite summer ingredient that we love and trust us heaven is just one drink away with this tropical recipe.
1-2 basil leaves
50 ml bourbon
45 ml mango puree
15 ml fresh lime juice
15 ml orange juice
1. Take all the ingredients and add them in a shaker with some ice.
2. Blend them properly and then strain it into a glass with ice.
3.Garnish with orange wheel and basil and your drink is ready to serve.