Mother's Day 2020 is round the corner. Don't you think this Mother's Day we should do something special for our mothers? We know our nation is under lockdown and we all are homebound, but so what? Cooking at home is the best option to surprise her on this special day and bring a delightful smile on her face, we guarantee. Although every mother is an outstanding chef and nobody can beat them, but at least we can try to make some healthy beverages in this scorching summer time. So let's take a quick tour of these nutritious and mouthwatering recipes by OZiva's senior nutritionist Subiya Baiganpalli.
(Also read: 5 Easy Vegetarian Recipes To Cook For Your Family)
Here are five recipes to make your mother feel delighted:
It's a healthy, nutritious and tasty delight which is perfect for summer and a small celebration at home. This super cool recipe does not kill your time at all. In fact, you can make it within 5 minutes.
1/2 frozen banana
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup of coconut water
1/4 scoop collagen builder
Blend all the ingredients together in an electric blender until it becomes a smooth, thick concoction like classic smoothies. That's it! Enjoy.
This yummy recipe is loaded with protein and other nutrients. A delicious healthy green smoothie loaded with the goodness of banana and almond. Again it is an easy recipe to have on your fingertip,
100 ml ckimmed milk
1/2 cup spinach leaves
1 tablespoon peanut butter
Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
3-4 ice cubes
1 scoop protein & herbs (Vanilla Almond)
Mix all the ingredients in the blender on high speed for 1-2 minutes and after that make your smoothie glass ready and enjoy it with your mother and the entire family.
It's a crunchy munchy delight with a dose of nutrition and filled with a nutty surprise.
150ml low-fat milk
2-3 pitted dates
1 scoop of protein, herbs powder
A handful of chopped almonds/walnuts
Add oats and 150ml of milk in a jar. Now add half of the nuts and dates into it. Add 50ml water to immerse the ingredients. Now mix them well and refrigerate it overnight. Next day, before serving, garnish all the remaining nuts and dates over it. You are done!
It's a perfect minty delight loaded with the natural sweetness of apples.
100 ml skimmed milk
1 cut cucumber
10 mint leaves
1 cut apple
3-4 Ice cubes
1-2 tsp organic plant protein
Add all the ingredients in a blender on high speed for 1-2 minutes. You are done.
This tasty and healthy protein-rich food is no less than a mouth-watering bowl filled with spicy veggies.
100g sweet corn, drained
400 gm rajma, rinsed and drained
1 red chilli, seeded and diced
1/2 onion small, finely chopped
75g lettuce, stalks discarded and shredded
100g spinach, shredded
1 red peppers, chopped
100g cashew nuts
1 tsp chilli paste 1
1/2 scoop of organic plant protein
1. To make this tasty bowl you have to start with covering the cashew nuts in a bowl of cold water for at least 2 hours or overnight. After that, strain the cashews through a sieve and tip into a powerful liquidiaer or blender.
2. Add 100ml fresh water and blend until it becomes smooth. Add more water at a time to get the consistency of double cream.
3. Mix 4 tablespoons of the cashew cream with the chilli paste and 1 tablespoon of lime juice and season them well.
4. Toss the sweetcorn, rajma beans, chillies and onion with 1 tablespoon of lime juice and season. Toss the lettuce and spinach with half tablespoon oil until all the leaves are coated.
5. Remember to divide between 2 deep bowls. Pile the sweetcorn salsa and the chopped red peppers on the top. Drizzle over the dressing to serve.
So folks, get all the ingredients ready and give your mother a delicious surprise on the occasion of Mother's Day.