A romantic dinner, precious gifts and meaningful promises; Valentine's vibe check done right. With the season of love setting in, it's time to give a twist to your favourites with a special concoction. Nothing defines an ideal Valentine's vibe like a classic refreshing cocktail. It is always said that there are endless languages and ways to express your love and we are just adding another one to it, a love-filled cocktail. Whether you have made things official or are in a situation-ship, there is a cocktail for every kind of couple. For all those die-hard romantic who are narrowing down ways to make their date night special, don't be just basic with your regular Martini or whisky, instead gorge on these scrumptious cocktails with your loved one. These special cocktails will be an enchanting addition to your date night!
8 Love-Filled Cocktails To Relish On Your Date Night
1. The Rubin
The Rubin makes for a perfect Valentine's cocktail as it's concocted with beautiful ingredients including Pink Grapefruit which is also a natural aphrodisiac. Definitely something to try this Valentine's Day!
Belvedere Vodka - 30 ml
Bianco Vermouth - 20 ml
Pink grapefruit juice - 20 ml
Orange juice - 30 ml
Cold green tea - 30 ml
Top with premium tonic water
Garnish: grapefruit slice
1. Add all ingredients to a spritz glass filled with ice and stir until mixed.
2. Top with premium tonic water and gently stir again.
3. Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and serve.
2. La Favorite
This unique signature cocktail pays tribute to one of the most influential patrons: the Marquise of Pompadour. Its burst of sweet and fruity flavour notes offers you a palatable greeting to the cocktail that will amuse your home bars and tantalize your every tipple.
Drambuie/Cointreau- 10 ml
Lemon juice- 15 ml
Honey syrup- 15 ml
Chandon Rosé- 75 ml
1. Add the first three ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake with cubed ice and strain into a champagne flute, top with Chandon Rosé and it is ready to be served
3. Glenfiddich Irish Coffee
The Glenfiddich Irish coffee cocktail is the ultimate choice for someone who loves to experiment and step out of the box. This unconventional, decadent and dessert-like cocktail is the perfect way to round off an evening with your special someone.
1. Fresh Cream
2. Drambuie Liqueur
3. Glenfiddich 12 YO
4. Espresso shot
6. Chocolate stick/crunchy (garnish)
7. Chocolate sauce and biscuits (rim)
1. Prepare Drambuie cream - Whip 30 ml Drambuie and fresh cream together and keep it aside.
2. Take a glass and cover the rim with chocolate sauce and crushed biscuits.
3. Add 60 ml GF 12 YO, sugar and espresso shot to the glass and stir well.
4. Add the Drambuie cream over for the float and garnish the cocktail with chocolate stick and enjoy.
4. Love Cosmopolitan - For The Classic Couple
(By Mr. Yangdup Lama, Mixologist and Head of Product, Jimmy's Cocktails)
Love Cosmopolitan is a quintessential Valentine's Day cocktail with the right ingredients, flavours, and textures appealing to the sensory experience of sight and taste. The added hint of rosewater gives a floral variation that's perfect for a romantic night. This pink-hued cocktail is an ideal drink representing the feelings of love - sweet and sour.
Jimmy's Cosmopolitan mix- 90ml
Rose water- 5 ml
1. In a shake glass filled with ice, pour the above ingredients, and shake well.
2. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with an edible flower and serve.
5. Grey Goose Old Fashioned
Give a vodka twist to this good ol' classic. It's easy to see why this cocktail has stood the test of time. This Valentine's redefine this cocktail and satiate your taste.
Grey Goose Vodka-50 ml
Demerara brown sugar- 2 tsp
Dash of hot water
Dash of Angostura Aromatic Bitters
1. Add the sugar and water to a rocks glass, then stir to dissolve.
2. Add orange zest and slowly trickle in Grey Goose and cubed ice, piece by piece, stirring throughout. Lastly, top with cubed ice to serve.
6. Special Valentine's Cocktail With Roku
(By Rohan Jelkie, Mixologist and Programme Manager, The Blend India, Beam Suntory)
Satiate your taste buds with an authentic Japanese cocktail. This drink combines some of the freshest ingredients of the season with the beautiful aromatics of Roku Gin. Truly a drink to share with your loved one this Valentine's Day.
Roku Gin- 30 ml
Fresh strawberries- 3
Fresh mint - 5-6 leaves
Caster sugar- 1/2 tsp
Sparkling wine to top-up (or you can use chilled grapefruit tonic for a lighter drink)
1. Muddle the strawberries and add the sugar, mint, and Roku over ice in a shaker.
2. Shake well and fine strain into a chilled coupe or flute glass. Top up with sparkling wine/grapefruit tonic.
(By Mixologist Ami Shroff)
Sweet yet strong! Just like the flavour of love. A bond as strong as the espresso and as smooth as the vanilla ice-cream, the EspressOak cocktail's ingredients are a recipe of an ideal camaraderie.
A spoonful (120 - 150ml ) of vanilla ice cream
1. This cocktail is curated by mixing all ingredients well with some ice cubes (in a cocktail shaker).
2. Pour out into a whiskey glass and serve with a chocolate stick/roll.
8. Hendrick's Martini
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, try your hand at some chilled and delectable cocktails. The Martini has slinked across our collective imagination in literature, cinema, and more as here we meet the flavours of gin in a primal pure form.
Hendrick's Gin- 50 ml
Dry Vermouth- 7 ml
1. Stir the vermouth and Hendrick's Gin over ice cubes in a mixing glass.
2. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a cucumber slice.