Raksha Bandhan is a nationally recognized festival that has been celebrated in India for many decades now. It is a traditional Indian festival celebrated to honour the bond between brothers and sisters. The celebration is not limited to siblings alone but extends to cousins and family at large. It is celebrated on the full moon day in the month of Shravan and usually falls in August. This year, it falls on Wednesday, August 30, 2023. Popularly, also known as "rakhi", the literal translation of "Raksha Bandhan" is "the bond of protection." Traditionally, sisters tie a thread or bracelet on their brothers' wrists, and in return, the brothers vowed to protect their sisters. The festival which was earlier celebrated honouring the bond between siblings is now celebrated extensively in the communities regardless of gender, as a pure symbol of love, respect, and protection. It is also meant to reflect the Indian value of global unity.
The festival also has significance in Indian history. Protective threads were tied for the protection of the warriors before a battle. In Hindu mythology, there have been stories that illustrate the importance of bonds between siblings and highlight protection, love, and respect as the idea of Raksha Bandhan. Overall Raksha Bandhan is a heart-warming occasion that emphasizes the bond between individuals and even today, is celebrated with great pomp and enthusiasm around the country.
Raksha Bandhan Greetings And Wishes To Send To Your Beloved Sibling
- No bond purer than ours, no bond tighter than ours.
- I miss our bachpan wali Rakhi.
- Thanks for tolerating my weirdness all year round.
- I wish that you get everything that you wish for and achieve success in every endeavour that you take up.
- Here is Rakhi for you twined with a sparkling smile, beaded with sweet memories, glued with warm and loving wishes for lots of happiness today and always.
- My childhood has so many happy memories just because of you. Thank you for always being there for me and taking care of me.
- A brother is a born protector and I only know this only because of you. Happy Raksha Bandhan
- May our bond always remain this strong and never fade away. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I vow to protect you from every harm that comes your way. Wish you all the happiness in the world!
- Good times or bad times. Nothing is complete without you by my side dear sister. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
We hope you celebrate a warm and loved Raksha Bandhan with your near and dear ones.