We wear masks as we would wear just about anything these days since this is the new normal for us. When we're headed to the car or grocery shopping, our masks are out most essential item that we can't leave home without (even if we wanted to). Some of these masks are supremely uncomfortable to use due to the elastic enclosure. The elastic enclosures cause discomfort at the back of the ears when wearing it over a stretched period of time. So what do you do then? You get a face mask with ties that can be adjusted as per your liking. We decided that we should tell how to make face masks with ties a home. Yes, it's absolutely possible, indeed! All you need is a few simple steps and voila you have an eco-friendly, sustainable mask that is stylish and comfortable.
Fabrics To Use For Face Masks With Ties
Cotton is the most preferred fabric to use when making these masks. Cotton is a super breathable fabric and is advised to use pure cotton as much as possible. Obviously a mix between cotton and other fabrics can also be used as per the availability of it. Switch it up with different colours and patterns to make stylish face masks with ties for you and your friends. If you don't have the time to buy fabric to make masks at home, no worries. Simply recycle an old piece of cloth in your house like a cotton handkerchief, an old dupatta or kurta to make one with adjustable ties. Not only will you get a cotton face mask that is easy to use but also a stylish one at the same time.
The Advantages Of Making A Face Mask With Ties At Home
It is a cost-effective way to make these reusable masks which in turn makes these efficient and sustainable
The masks are easily washable unlike the disposable ones. These masks can be reused multiples.
Since the masks aren't disposable, they don't affect the environment thus making these an eco-friendly alternative too!
These masks can be made to a custom size for instance for kids and the elderly.
You can experiment with different colours and patterns and not worry about the money.
How To Make Masks With Ties At Home
1. Wash the cloth thoroughly before use.
2. Measure 2 pieces of cloth that covers the nose and mouth completely. Make an outline on the fabrics and cut along it to give you 2 pieces of cloth of the same shape and size.
3. With a matching or a contrasting piece of cloth, cut 4 strips that can tie easily at the back of the head.
4. Sandwich the mouth pieces and create 3-4 pleats depending on the size and pin them up with an all-pin or safety pin to keep the pieces intact.
5. Hand-stitch the pieces together or use a sewing machine. Sew the strips to avoid frayed ends and attach it to the four corners of the mask. Voila! Your face mask is ready to use.
However, if you're as lazy as us and would rather just buy one than make the effort to make one, then here are some top finds that you can get yourself.Comments
Swirlster Picks Face Masks With Ties For You
To browse more chic outfits on Amazon, click here.
Disclaimer: The Swirlster Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Swirlster has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.