Exercise is one thing that doesn't work until you do. Whether you like to admit it or not, we all envy svelte figures and toned tummies, but rarely do we ever put in the effort to get them. The easiest excuse is a busy work day and packed schedule. Thankfully, that's not going to be an excuse anymore.
We spoke to Ramona Braganza, Celebrity Trainer and Global Fitness Expert to teach us how to stay fit in small ways even when we've got a jam-packed day. The world renowned professional has trained Hollywood's elite including Halle Berry and Jessica Alba. Her most recent celebrity lessons were spent getting Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson screen ready for the Fifty Shades sequels.
So take a note from Ramona and follow her tips below:
1. When you get a few minutes free in the afternoon, head outside for a walk. "For a walk to be most effective in burning calories, make sure you are walking briskly and doing so on an inclination like stairs or a slope," recommends Ramona.
2. Depending on whether you're a morning or night person, take just 20 minutes out from your day between cooking and watching TV to workout. Here's what Ramona has to say, "Just 20 minutes of intense exercise is enough for your body to get its cardio and strength training for the day."
3. Blast the music when you get home. "Put on a few thumping tracks like Bollywood or Latin music and allow yourself to just dance freely to it," says Ramona. It's the most enjoyable way to burn those calories and a fun post-work stress buster too!
4. Always take the stairs. It's the oldest trick in the book but that's because it works. Whether you are going for lunch or heading to a meeting, skip the elevator and get in your steps.
5. It's possible to get in your day's workout, even while you are at office! "Try as much as possible to get your feet off the ground with exercises like leg raises and donkey kicks," advises Ramona. Best part is, they won't leave you sweaty!