As unpleasant as it may smell or taste, there is no doubt that apple cider vinegar is a superfood that has come a long way with its incredible healing powers. Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, this drink can play a vital role in one's life to cure many health-related ailments. It is an all-rounder, as the acidic content present in ACV can maintain oral hygiene, cure skin pigmentation, encourage weight loss issues etc.
Though ACV is suggested to be consumed 2-3 times daily for effective results, we recommend never to drink it directly and always in a diluted manner, so as not to erode the teeth enamel.
Here are 9 ways you can use ACV for many health benefits:
1. Suffering from bad breath? Simply buy yourself a bottle of unpasteurized, organic apple cider vinegar. Mix 1 tablespoon in half a cup of water and swish it around your mouth for 2-3 minutes to remove bad breath. Apple cider vinegar is also known to whiten your teeth and is extremely good for overall oral hygiene.
2. A quick fix to deodorize smelly feet? Just wipe your footwear with a paper towel dipped in diluted ACV and the antibacterial properties of vinegar will kill the smelly stuff. You can also effectively get rid of cracked feet with it.
3. The rich contents of amino and lactic acid present in ACV clear dead skin cells and lighten scars. Its astringent properties are known to unclog pores and reduce underarm darkness. Pour organic ACV on a cotton pad, pat in the armpit area and leave it until it dries completely before washing off. Repeat daily for quick and effective results.
4. The best way to clean raw fruits and vegetables before consuming them is with diluted apple cider vinegar. The antibacterial properties present in ACV can significantly reduce pesticides, dirt and bacteria from the produce . Dilute 1 tablespoon of it in 1 cup of water, add fruit or veggies to the mixture, soak and stir for about 5 minutes then rinse in regular water.
5. Guess what - your itchy scalp is also no longer a problem. Just use apple cider vinegar to get rid of dandruff as it prevents the accumulation of bacteria. Take equal quantities of water and apple cider vinegar in a bottle and pour this solution all over your scalp, then wash off with water after a few minutes.
6. Here's another use; once you have completed shaving, dab with an ACV-soaked cotton pad over the area as an aftershave remedy. Being a natural antiseptic, it prevents razor bumps and cuts while healing the skin.
7. Ever had a severe case of sunburned skin? Fret not! Treat the same with this vinegar. Although acidic, ACV will restore the skin's PH levels and neutralize sunburn. Just make sure that the vinegar is well diluted to use it for preventing skin blistering and peeling after a sunburn.
8. Our favourite part? This otherwise stinky solution is also known to keep away the extra kilos by boosting weight loss. Loving ACV even more right? The acetic acid in vinegar works against the enzymes in your stomach that digest starch and increase the satiety. This means you eat less which might stop you from absorbing the calories from the carbs and help make you feel fuller. Win-win! Consume the diluted solution before your meals regularly for good results.
9. Add apple cider vinegar to your morning smoothie for an extra energy kick. Its powerful alkalizing effect can help your muscles produce energy more efficiently before major exertion. Add one tablespoon of ACV in chilled water and drink it for instant energy.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.