Flawless, long hair is the beauty weapon of all women. Long and radiant hair glorifies your appearance and at the same time enhances your personality, making you feel confident about yourself. It might appear easy to flaunt long hair but nothing can be achieved unless you are willing to put in some time and effort for self-care. Looking for tips for long hair? First, remember that it is important to take a break from chemical products that harm your hair and intervene with its natural growth. Also, most styling products are really harmful for our hair, causing deep damage. Instead, you can switch to easy home remedies that can strengthen the roots, making your hair healthy and nourished.
Keeping your hair hydrated is very important because it helps to prevent many hair-related problems that are usually overlooked by many of us. Our hair needs deep moistening and conditioning to stimulate it's growth and to maintain its strength and shine. Thereby, it is never impossible to get glorious long hair. Here are numerous ways to do so.
Home Remedies To Look After Long Hair
Home remedies can help in intense nourishment of the hair that is vital for hair growth. Take a look at these remedies:
1. Essential Oils
Oil is the wholesome ingredient for our hair. Oil massages twice a week can help to strengthen the roots. Coconut, mustard, olive and castor oil are a few oils that nurture hair growth.
2. Eggs And Curd
Applying a mask of egg and curd enriches your hair with vital nutrients required for hair growth. It helps to cleanse, strengthen and condition the hair. Eggs are a good source of proteins that help to reduce hair loss.
(Also read: How To Curl Hair At Home: 5 No-Heat Methods To Style Your Hair)
3. Aloe Vera
It is a medicinal plant with amazing healing properties. It keeps the hair follicles strong and prevents breakage. It also stimulates hair growth. Use aloe vera gel on the roots and see its magic.
4. Onion Juice
It is an inflammatory treatment for your hair which boosts the hair growth twice as compared to any other source. It increases the collagen production and accelerates the hair growth.
5. Fenugreek Seeds
It is rich in iron and protein that gradually improves the hair quality. It reduces hair fall and vitalises the follicles. Soak the seeds overnight and then make a paste. Use it to apply on the scalp and hair roots to boost hair growth.
(Also read: How to Get Rid Of Lice: Home Remedies, Prevention And Hair Care Treatments To Try)
Hair Care Tips For Long Hair
Here are important points to remember while maintaining long hair:
1. Healthy diet: Nowadays, most of us are usually busy with our schedules and barely focus on our diet. Therefore, a balanced diet at regular intervals along with consistent exercise results in rapid hair growth. A healthy routine helps to fulfil the deficiencies of the necessary nutrients in the body and reduces stress.
2. Sleep: Similarly, efficient sleep is another crucial factor for hair growth. Our sleeping patterns matters because it shows it effects on our hair and skin. It should be kept in mind that the hair should be let loose before going to bed to prevent breakage, resulting in split ends.
3. Tying Hair: Avoid making tight hairstyles that weaken the hair follicles and hampers hair growth. Scrunches can be used to tie your hair that are readily available and at the same time feel fortunate to reminisce the 80's look.
4. The Right Brush: Make sure to use the right brush for your hair that might include a wide toothed one. The use of rat tail comb should be neglected to prevent frizzy hair. Also, brushing your hair before sleeping increases the blood circulation and hair growth.
(Also read: How To Get Thick Hair Naturally: 5 Amazing Ingredients For Strong Hair)
5. Hair Masks: Nourishing your hair is a vital step. Keep your follicles hydrated by applying hair masks.
6. Trim: A regular trim accelerates hair growth at a faster pace. Hair spas are must to strengthen the follicles. Moreover, avoid dyeing your hair too often because it damages your hair.
7. Shampoo: Choose your shampoo carefully, according to your hair type. Ensure your shampoo should be devoid of sulphate and paraben that harm your scalp. You can opt for herbal shampoos.
8. Hair Wash: Avoid frequent hair wash but it is necessary to keep your scalp clean to prevent dandruff which is the major cause of weak hair.
9. Drying: Do not towel dry your hair instead wrap it carefully and gently by using a cotton cloth. This prevents breakage. Blow drying is a common habit for many, but it is best to avoid and let your hair dry naturally.
For maintaining healthy and long hair, it's important to handle your hair gently, with love and care. Stress also hampers hair growth so it is advised to keep calm through meditation and yoga.