Yoga, when practised regularly and in the right manner, can do wonders for your mind and body. While it may not always be possible to dedicate a good chunk of your time to yoga or any other form of exercise daily, there are a few asanas that you can do everyday that will benefit your overall health immensely. Today, on world yoga day, take a pledge to take out some time for yourself and your health everyday. Doing these 6 asanas will take no longer than 15 minutes a day and the change you feel can be almost immediate. We promise you won't be disappointed.
- It works on strengthening and improving liver and kidney functions.
- Strengthens arms, shoulders, wrists and legs.
- Expands chest and lungs and is known to be beneficial in curing asthma.
- Helps improve blood circulatory system, respiratory system and digestive system
- Invigorates the thyroid gland
- Rectifies disorders in ears, nose and throat.
Also Read: 3 Yoga Asanas To Freshen Up Your Mind & Body In The Morning
- Works on strengthening the spine.
- Stretches the chest, shoulders, and abdomen.
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue.
4. Adho mukha svanasana
- Lengthens the spine and strengthens the muscles of the chest, therefore, increasing lung capacity.
- Increases circulation to the brain.
- Helps relieve headache, insomnia and fatigue.
- Helps improve and cure digestion issues.
- Strengthens the back and shoulders.
- Relieves the body of lower back ache.
- Helps overcome menstrual discomfort.
Also Read: 3 Yoga Asanas To Get Rid Of Your Back Pain
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles.
- Stimulates the reproductive organs.
- Helps tone leg and arm muscles.
Happy International yoga day! Here's wishing you a healthy life, always.